Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Polar Loop Review


I've been waiting for a good heart rate monitor for awhile now to take with me on my cardio sessions mainly and in Jan I decided to purchase the Polar Loop. It is a wristband similar to the Nike Fuel Band, which I thought was pretty cool. One difference is, the Polar Loop also pairs with a Heart Rate Strap for much more accurate calorie counting.

After wearing the bracelet for about 3 months here are my thoughts:

PROS/CONS

PROS
•Looks Cool! :)
•Keeps me motivated !!!
•Battery lasts for a few days before needing a recharge.
•FUN - Keeps a running daily total of calories burned so you always know how far away from your daily goal you are.

CONS
•Only keeps Heart Rate when wearing the chest band. (Currently the technology just isn't available to get accurate readings from wrist readers by themselves.)
•Doesn't allow you to reset the calories burned setting or set it to start at a certain time, say at the start of a workout. This was my biggest gripe.

Overall, I am happy with the product and recommend it to all my friends and clients.
The bluetooth Heart Rate Strapo and sensor also pair with my favorite iPad App, Polar TEAM, which I use for my training sessions to track where my heart rate is.

Thomas Murphy, CSCS, Pn1

GET YOUR CUSTOMIZED WORKOUT AND NUTRITION PLAN BY CLICKING BELOW.
I WRITE NEW PROGRAMS UP EVERY WEEKEND.

 photo cscs_logoblack_zpsd841cb24.jpg photo PN-certified-coach-logo_zps4e636baf.png

CUSTOMIZED PROGRAMS

I AM ALSO AVAILABLE FOR COMPETITION COACHING ON A MONTHLY BASIS.
For more information email me at ThomasMurphy27@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment