Thursday, July 11, 2013

Road to the SOUTHERN STATES


Hit the road around 5:30 from Atlanta after meeting with Chris Garvey to get some last minute posing tips and some good shots to show me what each hold looked like from the audience. Chris is awesome and really helped me find some good moves to incorporate into my otherwise pretty bland routine. He gave me some ideas that might be pushing the boundaries for physique since he comes from a bodybuilding background.


He's right though, I've been training my whole life for this so this minute is mine! What's the worst that can happen if I bust a double bicep flex or side oblique crunch out?!? 


8 am Thur -
First thing on my agenda.....get some coffee and of all things, shave! Lol

Found an La Fitness just inside FL!
My home away from home :)


Cable Crunches
Lower Ab Leg Raises
Side Cable Crunch
3 sets x 20-25 reps each

Stairmaster Lv 15 - 20 min
Treadmill 2 min intervals LV 6/7/8/9/8 - 20 min
Bike 20 min glad to have an old buddy give me a ring, passed the time like nothing.


Had a reverend bless me ! Asked me if I competed in the locker room and went to tell me he was 65 and doing a bodybuilding show at the Dexter Jackson  show...

On to iHop - egg white Omelete with half order of whole wheat pancakes and I got the fruit too since I'm cutting water and need some kind of moisture :O
Always feel like a jerk being so finicky with my order but it's required....so tough to eat out these days!

Ate some watermelon from Publix and stopped by GNC - found some old formula of Jack3d! SCORE! Bought 2.
On to LA fit for a full body workout, being careful not to burn myself out too bad. I do have a pull-up / push-up contest coming up .... Kinda worried I'm going to be too fatigued to really bang out what I should but I guess that contest is secondary anyway...no pro cards in that.

Finally got to the hotel at 7:40, just making check-in!!! I could always wake up real early and do it then but so glad I was able to avoid that! 
Got to the room and had just enough time to do an impromptu cardio session in the room before showering and getting my spray tan.

Once that tan is on, you don't want to sweat or you'll ruin it. After paying $110 that's not an option for me!

Tanning was a funny experience! As Im stripping butt naked (minus a children's sock LOL) for the hot blonde prepping me for the spray, I get a text message from a friend telling me - 
After being through it once with the last spray tan, I don't think I even blushed. Lol - guess you get used to it. Who knows, they might even talk me into doing bodybuilding with their mankinis and all some day after all ;) HAHAHHA 
This is a very different sport!!!

Well now I'm laying down on my plastic bed 
winding down...prejudging is 10 am tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment