Saturday, December 7, 2013

REVIEW - CROSSFIT

I finally took the plunge and decided to try the Kool Aide !

A friend of mine saw a groupon for 10 sessions and was nice enough to pick up an extra 10 for me.

I've been thinking about competing in some of their events at the recommendation of a buddy of mine who convinced me that this was no longer a fad and I would do well. 

Being a program designer myself I have always been against Crossfit since it goes against what I've learned in my courses. But then I got to hearing about some of the prize money and sponsorships being offered to their athletes!!! I guess I could put aside my differences! Lol 

When I got to the "box" I signed the waiver and went right into the introductory workout with 2 other newcomers including my friend. 

Our instructor was one of the co-owners of the gym, I think the wife of the duo.
She explained how to get into proper form for the squat, Deadlift, overhead squat, push press and a few stretches.
Then we did a few exercises such as box jumps, kettle bell swings, and double under on the jumpropes.

The only exercise I couldn't get was the successive double unders. I've always been able to get one in 

No comments:

Post a Comment