Thursday, December 19, 2013

3 QUICK TIPS FOR GETTING / STAYING SHREDDED

Here are 3 quick tips for getting/staying shredded:


  • Steady State cardio has been found to be more beneficial 
at burning fat while doing fasted cardio. 

This is counter to what you may have thought.
Perform HIIT Cardio later in the day when energy levels are higher.

  • Taking your BCAA pre exercise has been found to be more beneficial than intra or post workout.
Make sure to take BCAA in the AM before Steady State cardio.

You may be wondering if ingesting aminos negates the fasted element. Not to worry.
I take Amino-X and Hyper Shred first thing in the morning before fasted cardio pre contest.
If I'm not in prep mode, I still try to get a cup of black coffee in me before my aminos.
The caffeine helps metabolize fat into the bloodstream as well as increasing power output and lessening perceived pain. Caffeine is good. Just don't overdo it. 
My favorite BCAA supplement is hands down AMINO-X by BSN! 
Tastes amazing! I like putting it in my water jug for flavor even if it wasn't a great way to stay in an anabolic (muscle building)  state.

  • Carbs are tolerate best post exercise as they will be used to refill your body's stores of glycogen that have been depleted (hopefully) during your workout.



FRUCTOSE post exercise goes to your liver. 

Most livers only hold about 100g and then any remaining in your blood stream gets converted to triglycerides (FAT).

GLUCOSE goes to your muscles.

Bananas have more glucose than apples but they have 1/2 the fructose.


So if you have ever been curious why bananas are so popular post workout, this should shed some light on it.



Thomas Murphy, CSCS, Pn1

GET YOUR CUSTOMIZED WORKOUT AND NUTRITION PLAN BY CLICKING BELOW.
I WRITE NEW PROGRAMS UP EVERY WEEKEND.

 photo cscs_logoblack_zpsd841cb24.jpg photo PN-certified-coach-logo_zps4e636baf.png

CUSTOMIZED PROGRAMS

I AM ALSO AVAILABLE FOR COMPETITION COACHING ON A MONTHLY BASIS.
For more information email me at ThomasMurphy27@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment